Since today is T-day, I thought I would post something appropriate. Check out more Thursday Thirteen posts here. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
1. Spouse. I am lucky enough to be married to my best friend. I could have no better partner on this journey we call life. He has always supported me a loved me just as I am.
2. Thing 1 and Thing 2. They are healthy, smart, loving, and fun children. I can’t ask for anything more than that.
3. Sister-in-law. I am an only child, so it is very fortunate that she is cool. I couldn’t ask for a better sister.
4. Attitude. And boy do I have one! But is my flippant nature that looks for the humor in any situation that got me through some really rough patches last year. I can’t imagine how bad it would have been otherwise.
5. Music. I love playing the cello and taking advantage of all the opportunities it brings me.
6. Friends. And I mean all of them. From the shopping buddies, to the Bible Study Group, to book club, these people mean so much to me.
7. This country. I am here, instead of somewhere else. As much as I may complain about the current situation, I keep in mind that I have the right to complain. And if you think things aren’t functional here, check out the dog’s breakfast that is the rest of the world.
8. Church. I am so fortunate to be a part of a congregation that is open and welcoming. We question, study, and love God together.
9. Books. I cannot imagine a life without reading.
10. The Palm Treo 650. It’s a cell phone! It’s a PDA! It’s a camera! It’s IT on a stick! And I got it ON SALE!
11. Caffeine. I cherish it in all forms. An intervention may be necessary.
12. BBC America. One of the reasons I popped for the higher tier on cable (along with Speed Channel and Fox Soccer). Fully half of my TV watching happens here.
13. NaBloPoMo! Seriously! This was awesome to find as a newbie. I feel like this exercise is helping me “find my voice”. I’ve met many new friends and I can’t wait to get to know you all better.
As an aside…I have limited computer time for the next few days (read NONE – check out this post time), so I will catch up with all of you real soon like. I know I’ve been tagged for a few things (thanks, I think) and I’ll get to them soon, promise!