2007 is the year that the forces of entropy took over my home. Here are the thirteen things that have either been replaced or are in need of replacing/repair:
1. My car. I used to drive a 2003 Ford Explorer until some of the electrical stuff started to get wonky. Now I drive a Mazda CX-7 and it is WONDERFUL.
2. My oven. I replaced the control panel in April for the second time in nine years.
3. My kitchen faucet. Drip, drip, drip. Replaced in November.
4. My microwave. The display was going wonky until Spouse reset it. Now it is blank unless you are actually cooking. (Note to Spouse who is out of town right now: micro is on the fritz again)
5. My master bath toilet seat. The stupid thing just cracked. Replaced in October.
6. My dishwasher. The brains just fried. Now I’m awaiting a part. Warranty? I wish.
7. My clothes dryer. The motor fried. Replaced in October.
8. My pre-lit Christmas tree. And I was all set to give it a Best Things Ever post, but there were two strings of lights out. Spouse was able to get one string working, but not the other. So that side is facing the wall.
9. My fence. Several boards are rotting and in need of replacing.
10. My back door. The casing and the door itself have areas of rot. Discovered this on Sunday.
11. My exterior paint. The paint is starting to peel. I’m in the process of getting recommendations for painters. Maybe I can get a contractor who can take care of the door at the same time.
12. My cutlery. I have amazing disappearing spoons. Seriously. There are only two small spoons left. We started with eight. WTF?
13. My window to the right of the fireplace. Thing 1 wasn’t paying attention and he slammed it down, breaking it in the process. Replaced in September.