Welcome all! Hope you are having a Happy TT. In keeping with the holiday spirit, I present you with Thirteen things I really like about the holidays:
- My Christmas Tree. It’s simple, but it really reflects our family.
- Baking cookies for our friends. Yummy!
- Picking out gifts for my family. I like to come up with something that they never would have thought to ask for, but is exactly what they wanted. Sometimes I achieve this.
- Playing my cello at Christmas Eve candlelight service.
- The fact my kids still believe in Santa. But Thing 2 is going to set up a video camera for the second year in a row. We’ll get around that again, I’m sure.
- Christmas specials like Charlie Brown, the Rankin-Bass Pantheon, the Grinch, and Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Getting photo cards and seeing how big all the kids have gotten.
- Coming up with a fun holiday letter. I made mine a haiku this year, which shouldn’t surprise anyone. Check again tomorrow to see it.
- Taking my kids to paint ornaments at the Ceramics Cellar. We’ve been doing this for nine years and we have a ton of ornaments now.
- Wondering how bad the Christmas present from my mother-in-law will be. I’d take it personally, but everyone gets a crappy present from her, so it’s actually become a joke to see who gets the worst one.
- The party we throw for our friends. It’s easier than buying them all presents, and it’s probably cheaper in the long run, too.
- Setting out the cookies, diet coke, carrots, and oats for Santa and the reindeer.
- Having the time with my family to relax and reconnect.