I just have a few thoughts to put down about yesterday. Nothing major, but want to get them off of my chest.
1. Where were they keeping the McCain who made the concession speech last night? Seriously. If he had been out more and had not selected Caribou Barbie….
2. Please remember that we have elected a President, not a saint. Do not expect sunshine and rainbows. If you listened to what he said last night, he knows this isn’t going to be easy. Believe him and don’t be disappointed when the streets don’t magically become paved with gold. This is what concerns me about a lot of his supporters.
3. I reallyreallyreally hope he meant what he said last night. It is going to be a lot of hard work and sacrifice, emphasis on the sacrifice.
4. If he wasn’t your guy, please take heart that the world isn’t going to end. I promise. This country has been through a lot and this too shall pass.
5. It never occurred to me once last night that he was our first African-American President. I only saw him as our next President.
Now, go out and, in the words of Ghandi, be the change you want to see in the world.