* No good bumper stickers, so a fortune cookie will have to do: Stop stringing and tuning your instrument and start playing today! Pretty apt, considering I play the cello.🙂
* I’m supposed to be somewhere else right now and I’m not. I’m also not bitter or pissed off about this in anyway whatsoever. And no, it’s not BlogHer, believe it or not, although I didn’t even try to consider going to that because of the thing I was supposed to be at. So now I’m doubly bitter.
* I have no-hit all personal holidays in my family so far this year. Meaning that I have forgotten them or sent something late or some such. I suck. Any ideas as to how to make this up to them would be greatly appreciated.
* The DIY has started in full force, mostly because I’m not at the thing I’m supposed to be at (and not bitter about). I’ll have some pics up when it’s all done. But I can tell you right now that my laundry room is a shrine to all things elfa. It looks right out of the CS catalog. This pleases me.
* Speaking of the cello, I got to pick up my music for the first concert series on Saturday. This also pleases me. We are playing “Gabriel’s Oboe” from The Mission. If I can make it through a rehearsal of this without crying, I will be totally shocked. But we’re also playing more effin Strauss, which does not please me as much. Oh well.
* Sat down with the Things the other night and watched “The Right Stuff” with them. Well, all except ONE scene. I did not feel the need to go “into the wild blue yonder” with pre-pubescent boys. Those familiar with the movie will know what I am talking about. And if you aren’t familiar with the movie then SHAME ON YOU! This is a fabulous movie, and a good one to watch to commemorate….
* The fortieth anniversary of the moon landing. I have so many feelings about this and I want to do a post on it, but I can’t make it coherent. Maybe all of the paint therapy will help channel my thoughts and I can do something about it. In the meantime, go visit my friend Jen and read this that I wrote for her while she was in Florida. And then be jealous of her because she is in Hawaii right now.
* Anyone else watching the Torchwood mini-series? What do you think?
* I think I’ll have my cat post for me next week while I’m DIYing. He writes funnier posts than I do anyway. I can haz witty repartee plz? kthxbye!
That’s all for me. Check out Mrs.4444 for more Phragment Phun!