Last week, for no apparant reason, I decided to re-read the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series. Anyway, I’m at Costco today and as I’m walking past the book table (you have to walk past the book table, it’s the law), I see the new, yes new, installment of the series. It’s called And Another Thing, by Eoin Colfer. Yeah, the Artemis Fowl guy. Just struck me as a little creepy. (insert Twilight Zone music here)
Add Douglas Adams to my list of people who died way too soon.
Update: QUICK! Which book does my post title come from?
I really like the Monday Mission at my fellow Lutheran’s blog, the Painted Maypole. I always think I am going to do them, and then I don’t. Makes me feel bad. But today, you are in luck (?) as the mission is to write your post in the form of a tanga or a nonet. A nonet is a nine line poem that has a decreasing number of syllables in each line. So, it’s 9,8…1. It’s supposed to be in iambic pentameter, but you’ll have to settle for blank verse. So, here is my nonet:
I used to update my blog daily,
But then my life got so busy.
I really miss the outlet.
But I’ve nothing to say.
I hope that this week
will allow me
the time to
And now I’m having formatting issues. Oh well. So, there ya go. A nonet. For better stuff, visit PM at her lovely site.
This week, it’s more of a collection of WTF’s than actual fragments. Without further ado, here they are!
- What is an “ado” anyway?
- I like me some Barack, but this Nobel thing? Really? That’s a joke. Not as bad as Kissinger, but still. All this is going to do is make his life more difficult than it needs to be.
- Golf is now an Olympic sport. Women’s Softball isn’t. Why?
- We’re getting tons of rain in Austin. Finally. I won’t start complaining about it for another three weeks. 🙂
- Still having trouble giving up Coke Zero. I think there is some “secret ingredient” that makes it more difficult.
- This week, my fourth grader was asked to come up with a word that starts with “ph”. He chose “pharisee”. An odd choice.
- I thought nothing could be worse than living with a beginning violin player. And then my older son started playing the tuba. I am willing to loan them out to the CIA for interrogation purposes. Prisoners will be begging for waterboarding then.
- Just had a phone conference with the elder son’s teacher. I had to relay the anecdote that the child figured out how to walk before he could stand up on his own. The teacher agreed with me that it explained everything.
Ok, that’s all for now. Time to get to work. And I am working, but I can’t talk much about it yet, other than to say that I am working and my work environment is (so far) much more congenial. Good perks, too. ;P
Check out Mrs.4444 for better stuff. I am so not worthy this week.
see more Political Pictures
And for those who care, Chapter 3 is up.
God, I wish that we could actually say this!