Admit it. You thought I wouldn’t get this in. But I showed you, didn’t I? HA!
So, to answer some questions.
1. FNG=Effin New Guy
2. My homework strategy that’s working. Well folks, it isn’t fun, but here it is. I sit next to him and read him his questions/problems/what have you. It goes so much faster this way. He keeps his focus and it all gets done in a reasonable amount of time with little fussing. Yeah, I know I shouldn’t have to do this with a 6th grader, but that’s a topic I haven’t been talking about here. The short version: Thing 1 is getting re-evaluated in two weeks. If he isn’t ADD, I’ll eat my car. More on this later.
3. The “job”. I put it in quotes because it’s not a job, per se. Yes it is work, but it isn’t paying. Yet. I’m am doing all of the groundwork for a startup. I can’t say any more than that since some of the people involved are still employed by companies that might not take a liking to this sort of thing.
4. A few of you have noticed I’m in a much better place than I have been in a while. This is totally true. I’d like to take credit, but I can’t. It’s better living through chemistry. This will also be covered later.
So, are we good? Good.
Now, the good things about today:
1. The weather. Again. Aaaaahhhhhh….
2. The fact that Thing 1 had two major assignments, a test, regular homework, catch up work, and tuba practice to deal with this week. And he got it all done with a good attitude, a minimum of fuss, and no late nights. Even his teachers commented on his good attitude through all of this. He’s a great kid. He just needs some help.
3. Got all of my errands done.
4. Made good headway on the new music.
5. Did a lot of baking for Thing 2’s bday tomorrow. More on that later, too.
So, that’s all for today. Just under the wire, too. 🙂